Careers at Vantis Life
Vantis Life is a small life insurance company that values creativity, initiative and a "best-in-class" customer care attitude. Here, you can work with people you respect and can learn from in an environment that rewards real work and real results. SBLI's products are distributed through member banks in Connecticut and through dedicated, professional direct sales force from Vantis Life.
Specialties: Providing low cost life insurance to hard working individuals. Offering competitive annuity products that help customers create a secure retirement.
Values: Innovation. Customer Care. Excellence. Teamwork. Honesty. Optimism.
Customers: People who live in Connecticut and the bank partners who sell our products.
Culture: Entrepreneurial life insurance and annuity company. We will expect you to work hard and strive for service that exceeds our customers' expectations. For our part we will respect your need for balance between your home life and work life by offering a 35-hour work week, generous benefits and paid time off.
We feature: challenging marketing and sales culture that rewards initiative, ingenuity and superior customer service.
- A bright, professional environment
- Multiple meeting rooms, as well as training and collaboration areas
- State-of-the-art systems and PCs
- A challenging marketing and sales culture that rewards initiative, ingenuity and superior customer service
Whether you're a recent college grad or a seasoned professional, if you are an innovator, Vantis Life wants to speak with you.
POSITION TITLE: ACTUARIAL ANALYST
REPORTS TO: SVP & CHIEF ACTUARY
Assists Actuary in product pricing, cashflow testing, ALM analyses, financial modeling, and testing of various financial, administrative, illustration and reserving systems. Assists in product development, financial reporting and analysis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participates in Product Development initiatives by Pricing products as needed.
- Obtains proficiency in MG-ALFA and other systems for pricing.
- Develops and tests appropriate assumptions for product pricing.
- Develops and tests Financial Models for profitability and risk measurement.
- Assesses profitability of existing and new products.
- Develops payout rates for annuities.
- Maintains familiarity with the latest techniques and tools for financial modeling.
- Participates in testing of various financial, administrative, illustration, andreserving systems.
- Develops model for testing reserves, cash values, and dividends from various systems.
- Assists in development of design specifications for various systems.
- Assists Actuary in ALM and cashflow testing functions.
- Incorporates necessary assumptions into cashflow testing model.
- Runs various scenarios and determines accuracy of results.
- Works with Investment Dept. in modeling asset and liabilities.
- Analyzes and explains results
- Assists in financial reporting and analysis.
- Assists Actuary and Controller in preparation of statutory and GAAP financial reports, including timely and accurate preparation of reserve and liability reports, RBC reports, AM Best reports, AVR and IMR calculations.
- Assists Controller in periodic balancing of various accounts.
- Assists Actuary and Controller in development and maintenance of expense allocation model.
- Prepares GAAP benefit reserves and DAC on regular basis.
- Prepares GAAP analytics to validate reserves and DAC
- Prepares and maintains various monthly and quarterly financial reports from various administrative and valuation systems extracts for senior management, actuarial and accounting departments.
- Assumes additional duties as requested.
0-3 years of experience in the actuarial field in Life Insurance.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
Must have passed at least one actuarial exam. Conducts analysis, pricing and risk assessment to estimate financial outcomes. Applies knowledge of mathematics, probability, statistics, principles of finance and business to calculations in life insurance and annuities. Strong familiarity with Excel, Access, Word. Familiarity with MG-ALFA is a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, speak and hear. They are regularly required to use their hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls and be able to reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to stoop or kneel.
The employee occasionally will be required to lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to focus.
Prospective employees are encouraged to submit their resumes for future openings to:
200 Day Hill Road
Windsor, CT 06095